|Research Group:||Centro de Química Estrutural (CQE)|
|Host institution:||Instituto Superior Técnico (IST), Universidade de Lisboa (ULisboa)|
|Involved Persons:||Carlos Henriques (ESR 5 and 9)|
General description: Centro de Química Estrutural (CQE) is a Research Unit of the University of Lisbon (ULisboa) with sites at Instituto Superior Técnico (IST) and Faculdade de Ciências (FCUL).
It is the largest Research Unit of Chemistry of ULisboa, covering a broad and interdisciplinary group of areas within the scope of Chemistry, providing the ability to tackle a problem along a general streamline initiated with the design and synthesis (of compounds and materials) for achieving specific properties, towards desirable applications. It currently gathers ca. 180 Integrated Doctoral Members and is organized in 11 research groups.
CDCU (Carbon Dioxide Capture and Utilization), aiming the use of CO2 as Raw Material for the catalytic production of fuels and chemicals constitute an example of the strategic fields in which CQE foresees to continue (or to establish) as an international reference
Persons involved in PIONEER
Carlos Henriques is Associate Professor at the Chemical Engineering Department at IST. His research focuses on Heterogeneous Catalysis and Catalysis by Zeolites: Environmental Catalysis, Catalysis for Energy, Catalytic Materials
- M. C. Bacariza, I. Graça, J. M. Lopes and C. Henriques, Tuning zeolite properties towards CO2 methanation: An overview, ChemCatChem 11 (2019) 2388
- M. C. Bacariza, I. Graça, J. M. Lopes and C. Henriques, Enhanced activity of CO2 hydrogenation to CH4 over Ni based zeolites through the optimization of the Si/Al ratio, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 267 (2018) 9
- M. C. Bacariza, M. Biset-Peiró, I. Graça, J. Guilera, J. Morante, J. M. Lopes, T. Andreu and C. Henriques, DBD plasma-assisted CO2 methanation using zeolite-based catalysts: structure composition-reactivity approach and effect of Ce as promoter, Journal of CO2 Utilization 26 (2018) 202
- F. Azzolina-Jury, D. Bento, C. Henriques and T. Thibault-Starzyk, Chemical engineering aspects of plasma-assisted CO2 hydrogenation over nickel zeolites under partial vacuum, Journal of CO2 Utilization 22 (2017) 97.
- A. Westermann, B. Azambre, M. C. Bacariza, I. Graça, M. F. Ribeiro, J. M. Lopes and C. Henriques Insight into CO2 methanation mechanism over NiUSY zeolites: An operando IR study, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 174 (2015) 120